Modern science distinguishes more than 80 kinds of sleep disorders. So that we can treat each individual as optimally as possible, we set up three departments in our sleep medicine center, which is accredited by the German Society for Sleep Research and Sleep Medicine (DGSM):
If you want a sleep medical examination, you don’t have to spend a night in our sleep laboratory. In our sleep medicine outpatient clinic, we will discuss with you whether or not you need to spend a night in the sleep lab.
In our sleep medicine outpatient clinic we will advise you if, for example:
– you suffer from increasing daytime fatigue or daytime sleepiness
– you regularly feel exhausted in the morning
– you snore often
– your partner has observed that your breathing becomes disrupted during the night
– your partner has repeatedly noticed abnormal sleeping behavior on your part
– you regularly need sleeping pills
– it is becoming increasingly difficult for you to fall asleep or sleep through the night
– you suffer from restless legs syndrome (RLS)
– you do not tolerate a CPAP/BiPAP mask used to treat obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
– your are looking for alternative therapies for obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
– you want to obtain a second opinion after your sleep disorder was diagnosed elsewhere
We know that many patients are worried they won’t be able to sleep well in a sleep laboratory. To make them feel at home, our comfortable single rooms have private bathrooms with a shower and all the amenities you would expect from a good hotel. Our rooms are a far cry from sterile hospital rooms.
In addition, we work with state-of-the-art sleep medicine technology, including a wireless polysomnography system, which noticeably relaxes our patients. While this method is not completely devoid of wires, the wires used do not restrict your freedom of movement as they transmit data by radio.
Stress-related sleep disorders (insomnia) are widespread. But many of those affected could fall asleep and stay asleep much better. They simply have forgotten how to sleep. In order to break this vicious cycle, INTERSOM founded its own sleep school where people can learn sensible ways of dealing with stress-related sleep disorders.